Jan 20, 2026

Okay, in the interim…

I find myself just too damn busy lately to do the usual long form kind of thing so I’ll just share things that are in my orbit of late.

In this case, I saw the first two episodes of Starfleet Academy which wasn’t bad as far as I was concerned. People seem to forget that first season of Next Generation with episodes like Code of Honor. Anyway, the big knock on the Paramount Plus Star Trek series has been in their sensibilities with some loving it and some hating it.

In all honestly I found Discovery vomit inducting. Picard was very hit or miss and that was unfortunate. Lower Decks I think is just one of the greatest jewels of the franchise, I mean that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED! I very much enjoy Strange New Worlds and I can’t say I was able to even watch more than an episode of Prodigy.

Starfleet Academy? It was okay, I mean I’ll watch it until the Paramount thing runs out later this month. Paramount has perhaps the WORST streaming interface which I find terribly buggy and slow. My friend who is a big Star Trek fan HATES everything they’ve been doing with Star Trek. He’s a big trekkie too… he was wildly involved way back in fandom doing magazines or something back in the late 80s early 90s. I asked him about STSFA and he hated this as well which kind of is what this is about: 

No comments: